Richmond National Battlefield Park commemorates more than 30 American Civil War sites around Richmond, Virginia. The park's preserved battlefields include Beaver Dam Creek, Gaines' Mill, Glendale, and Malvern Hill, all sites of battles during the 1862 Seven Days Battles, as well as the 1864 battles of Cold Harbor and New Market Heights, site of 14 Medals of Honor for United States Colored Troops. The park, which also includes Drewry's Bluff and Parker's Battery in Chesterfield County, and the Confederacy's largest wartime hospital, has its main visitor center at the Tredegar Iron Works and smaller visitor centers at Cold Harbor, Glendale, and Fort Harrison.
The national battlefield park was authorized on March 2, 1936. Today, over 68,000 people visit the park. As with all historical areas administered by the National Park Service, it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on October 15, 1966.